Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Birthday


This is the side door where most of the factory workers would enter to go to work everyday.
The overgrown weeds make the building look even sadder.
This is the view from the inside door or the shipping waiting room where truckers would wait for paperwork for their loads of magazines. The door you see in this picture faces the front of the building on the south end.
Beam me up, Scotty.
The shipping waiting room.
This is the shipping office, picture taken through the window (above), the room that can be seen thru the door was what once was my office, right in that very corner.

The steps leading to the upstairs offices.
This is the view of the shipping rack area and the bindery.

Bill and I went into the old World Color building, even though we weren't supposed to be in there. I took some pictures of the shipping office and the area where the shipping racks and bindery used to be. It was very dark, and the ceiling has huge holes in it. We were talking about the great years we had there, the parties, the people. It's sad to think that it is all over. We sneaked in the back shipping door. After we left the World Color building we drove to Centralia and had a little lunch and spent the afternoon looking at recreational cabins, which we had no intention of buying, but enjoyed checking them out..

No comments: