Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Omega Ice Cream Social







 Caption for photo below:   Yep, that's how we do things in Illinois!
We went to the Omega Ice Cream Social tonight.  We have had a couple of "cooler" days and last night was perfect to be outside.  There was a large crowd, as always, band was playing old timey country songs, while some of the audience member went on stage and took turns singing.  The kids had nothing to play on but one small merry-go-round, so the ALL got on it at one time, see photo above.  I ran into some friends I hadn't seen in a while and enjoyed the company of my husband and mother and father in law. Pretty soon the food pavilion was full of people dancing.   As I was sitting there in the middle of a corn field eating homemade pineapple ice cream, I realized how much I appreciate my little slice of Americana. I truly wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, nice blog entry. I stumbled upon your blog when searching for info on the Omega ice cream social (it is tonight!). What drew me to comment was the nice picture of the older gentleman in the overalls. He was a very nice man who frequented two of the businesses I worked for. Unfortunately, he passed on last year. Thanks for the great memory of Pete.