Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gene Stiman Tribute at Salem Theater








What a lovely evening! First we went out to supper at Applebee's, where our favorite cute waiter, John, waited on us. We even had dessert! Then onto the theater where we saw so many people we knew, so nice to see everyone! The concert was wonderful. Gene Stiman can sure play that trombone like he did in his younger years. He is now 90, but doesn't look it or act it. I found out tonight that he played with the Benny Goodman band back in the day before he became a music teacher...awesome! Linda and I went to talk to him, and he remembered us, and I was really pleased with that, for sure...he gave me a hug...still such a sweet man. I took a few pix, it was dark, so you know how that goes, but I got a few good ones. For those of you who don't know him he is the guy playing the trombone in the back at the end of the row. Really enjoyed sharing the night with my friends. I'm always so glad they put up with me..lol..I hope you all had a great day and got to enjoy this fantastic weather.

No comments: