Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Comet Holmes...pic taken by K. McKelvey in San Jose, CA


My brother, Kim, in San Jose, CA took this picture himself Satuday night, Nov. 3, 2007. He sent this email:

I was able to take this shot of Comet Holmes, now headed out past Mars.

Used guided 6 inch telescope with Canon Rebel XT 8meg pix camera
attached at prime focus. 30 secound exposure and 1600 ISO.

You to can see this comet in early evening it is visible to the naked
eye and looks like a big fuzzy ball. Look East around 10pm. Search on
web for exact location and use binoculars to see it as seen in this
photo. The bright central image is the actual comets icy core, looks
like a fuzzy star.

I think this photo is amazing. I had to make it smaller to upload, but the 2MB original is breath-taking.....thanks, bro.

No comments: