Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Broom corn festival

The Broom corn festival is about what you would expect, lots of craft vendors, flea market vendors and, of course, food vendors. It was quite large, blocks and blocks..the most interesting thing was the Broom making demonstration, using the broom corn and some old time machines. They even had a craft broom competition and I was surprised at all of the different ways the brooms were made, a picture is below. The parade featured all of the beautify pageant winners from miles around including Miss Bagel, and Miss Broom corn. As she waved to the crowd from her convertible, her "court" follwed her, made up of young ladies carrying brooms...what a hoot! My favorite parade entry were the Lawn Rangers, who were just men pushing lawnmowers, and wearing silly hats, most of them decorated their lawn mowers, and they all had brooms. They "drove" the lawn mowers around in circles and threw their brooms up in the air and caught them....hilarious and how fun..So that's it, beside eating all kinds of things that were bad for us...and I had to buy a broom, ya know!
Broom corn competition


Broom making demonstration.

My favorite broom in the competition, but it came in second.

Broom corn

My broom I purchased there.

The best fruit smoothies in town.

No comments: