Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Website chart

I thought this was interesting...for you young people who think there has always been an internet, computers and cell phones...Here's a real time chart, updated yesterday, that shows how many websites there were in 1991 until today..Bill and I didn't get a home computer (desktop of course) until probably 1997 or 98. Yet, it is an important part of our daily life, like most everyone else...it's hard to believe it is still so new and yet has exploded into every part of what happens on our planet. There WERE types of computers that just collected data in individual businesses..I worked two different places in the 1980's where I worked on these dinosaurs....we thought they were pretty great at the time though.

No comments: