Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Catsup Bottle Festival

The Catsup Bottle festival was today at Collinsville. It was 110 degrees in the trailer and we worked very hard. We made some pretty good money, but the festival itself was lack-luster. It seemed like everyone was just going through the motions of having an event. In the past it was always fun and exciting and there was music playing and things happening. This time there was very little to be festive about. The other vendors felt the same way. It was just really too hot to be outside in the sun. The Travel Channel was there to do a piece on the festival. They didn't interview us, even though they called earlier in the week to say they would. Instead they only went to two food vendors, one was doing frogs legs and Alaskian bluegill and the other one was doing deep fried oreos, so I guess corndogs and curly fries was too boring for them...lol! Anyway, we were about sick from the heat at the end of the day and I was never so glad to get home to the air conditioning. I will ever so happy to get back to my little Air Conditioned ice cream shoppe!

No comments: