Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, February 18, 2008

How to clip a chicken's wings


Some of you were asking how you clip a chickens wings...well, here it is

chicken wing
clipping 101.

First of all , find a chicken... :P , pick her up and hold her upright, but hold onto her feet with one hand, or tuck the bird under your arm. Lift up and open the wing and clip only the outer feathers, maybe about 2 inches or so...if you are holding the feet you need someone else to cut the feathers while you hold out the wing. The chicken hates this and will wig out after you put her back down even though the worst is over........thus the wings are clipped and the chicken can't fly out because they have no "air lift" under the wings..... ;) ;)are you still with me??? :) :)Thanks for playin' along, and hope you will know what to do next time your chicken does the houdine escape from their pen .

3 comments:

Awkward Opus said...

I found your blog via a google image search for "chicken." I just got one a couple of weeks ago, and she's more pet than poultry. So far, no need to clip her wings, but if I ever do, I'll know where to look.

Also, you're incredibly odd. I love your blog. Let's be perfect strangers, eh?

Anonymous said...

i found this blog via google image search for "chicken" too! how strange! hahaha.

Kristin Cox said...

i found this blog via google image search for "chicken" three!