Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Midnight in Paris, frostys and christmas cupcakes


 First of all, I wanted to post my Christmas cupcakes, mostly so I would remember them for next year, they were all red velvet and I used up a lot of decorating things I had around the house.  Should have posted them at Christmas..

Yesterday was our weekly movieday at mom's.  We watched "Midnight in Paris" written and directed by Woody Allen.  It was VERY, VERY good, a different twist on life, as we always expect from him.   It was interesting that the costumes were all drab colors, even the rooms were always tan and gray, only one scene had reds and golds.  It made the story the main object in view and not the fancy costumes, of which there were very few.  We enjoyed it lots!  First we had a chocolate frosty and had a nice visit.  Always a great time with mom.  Hope her sciatica gets better soon, so she can get back to normal.  Other than that she is doing fine.  Came home and made dill poached salmon for supper, with some steamed carrots, but I blew it all by having strawberry shortcake for dessert, but, oh well, you only live once!


No comments: