Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chocolate zucchini muffins Sheila style

Below is the original recipe from Pinterest, but I made a mistake and was looking at another recipe, and so I had a half a cup of butter softened at room temp., also I had frozen zucchini from last year, I used 4 cups of frozen (thawed) zucchini, just added the water from the defrosted zucchini in stead of the boiling water, so far so good.  I was going to use  coconut oil, but since I had the butter out already, I just put it in there instead, did not add canola oil, and I only used one egg, because that's all I had, so in other words, this isn't the same recipe it was before......baked in convection oven at 350 for 10 minutes..good, good, good!  Oh, and of course, it is no longer a "Low Fat" recipe..

 

Low fat zucchini chocolate muffins

Low fat zucchini chocolate muffinsMakes 12 muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/3 cup boiling water
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (you can use just cinnamon too)
  • 1/2 cup organic canola oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
For extra flavor, try these optional add ons!
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or insert muffin cups.
  2. Add shredded zucchini to a mixing bowl and add in boiling water.
  3. Mix in remaining ingredients (plus add ons) until just mixed.
  4. Pour into muffin pan (I made six at a time) and bake for 30 minutes.
  5. Serve with a pat of butter or naked and enjoy!

No comments: