Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Quick one layer yellow cake....best recipe ever!

Quick One Layer Yellow Cake
(A very light cake, perfect for a small family)

1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350?
Grease an 8 inch square baking pan. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add shortening, milk and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat for 30 seconds more. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Allow cake to cool before frosting.

Serves 6
Bobbie/IL
* Powdered buttermilk does not have to be mixed separately. I just add the powder with my flour and the water with the my other liquids and let it mix in the batter.
Nancy Rogers

No comments: