Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

We are sons and daughters of the American Revolution!

So we were going through a lot of old papers, photos, and things that mom had saved. Many things belonged to my grandma Westman ' side if the family. (Mom's mom). The Flannigan's came here from Edinboro, Scotland in the early 1700's. There were name and dates for all of my ancestors up until the 1980's. Also their occupations and how they eventually migrated to Illinois. The most exciting thing though was that many of them fought in the Revolutionary War. That makes our family related to those who fought for our freedom from Great Britain and established our country. I never knew this until today.

No comments: