Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

More fermenting and some energy balls....

I have been fermenting my own vegetables lately and have really been enjoying the crunchy, savory flavor of them. I have made sauerkraut lots of times in the past, but I finally purchased some airlocks, so that it is much easier and not so likely for mold to form. It is really fun and easy, using only salt and water. It's magical how they bubble and change in a few days or a few weeks.. I have two jars of Italian lacto-fermented vegetables, and sweet potatoes already done and half of them eaten. Today was green tomatoes w/garlic, and sweet/sour winter squash...can't wait to try that one, it has cinnamon sticks, cloves and fresh ginger...yum....then I made some Almond cranberry energy balls...I don't know about the energy, but they sure are good. . I spent the afternoon with my Kindle in the swing, reading Stephen King's Finder's Keepers....another relaxing day...hope you all had a good one...so I know this all not very exciting news...but here a few pix anyway.





No comments: