Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Looks innocent doesn't he?

Looks innocent doesn’t he? Jay (Jayanta) is a friend from Amman, India that I met about 4 years ago on the Virtual Tourist website. We have been corresponding regularly ever since. I have never seen his sense of humor, but he is very kind and has sent me pictures of his wife and children and of vacations he has taken. I consider him a very good internet friend. However since I have never met him, I always keep my emails intellecual and am not my usual silly self!....But sometimes people surprise you………

On April 1st Jay wrote:

Dear Sheila

I am coming to USA in the last week of April as a tourist on invitation of an old friend from the Silicon Valley in the State of California. I am arriving at San Francisco on 24th April and shall return to India on 10th April after visiting some other States. I am not sure whether I shall be able to see you this time or not.

With warm regards
Jayanta



On April 1st, I wrote back:

Hello, Jay,
Thank you so much for the April Fools card, I really enjoyed it, so kind of you to think of me.

I am very happy that you are visiting the United States. San Francisco and San Jose is where I spent my vacation last fall, do you remember? You will truly enjoy San Francisco, it is a very old city with lots and lots of hills. Also lots of tourist things to do there. My brother lives in San Jose which is right next to San Fran. I would like nothing more than to meet you, but I live on the eastern side of the U.S. (about 1200 miles away from CA). Also, I am opening the ice cream shoppe this Sunday, so I am locked in here, I am so sorry. We could do the next best thing, you could call me and I could at least say hello to you and put a voice with your face. I would like that very much if you would like to call me here are my phone numbers:

Home: 618-547-3379
Cell phone: (this would be best as I always have it with me) 618-322-9081

I will be working, but am off on Saturdays, usually. So you could call me on a Saturday, if you like. If you are too busy, I will understand, but would be so happy to hear from you.

Well, Jay, it has blown up a sudden windy, thunderstorm here with lots of lightening. I didn't think it was even supposed to rain and now it is pounding on the side of the house. So I had better get off of the internet, dont' want to burn up my modem...that would never do!!!

Wonderful to hear from you, let me know about the phone call.

Love to you and your family,
Sheila

On April 2nd, He write back:

Dear Sheila
It was also an April Fool. Probably you did not notice the dates I mentioned in my letter. Thanks for your overwhelming response which clearly indicates that you have great trust on me. If I come to America in the future you will be the first person I would like to meet. I have a special interest in the city of Chicago because of Vivekananda about which I wrote you earlier.
Thanking you once again.
Jay

I wrote back:

Well, you are just quite the joker, aren't you??? I fell for your April Fool's joke, like a ton of bricks didn't I...ha ha! And, yes, I noticed the dates in your email, but I thought you just made a mistake and meant to type May...You were really convincing, you are such a tease!....

Hey, you know you can still call me and say hello! I think you owe me one!! :-).

Have a great day!
Jayanta, Sheila


You just never know, do you?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: