Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's Eve in a Small Town

Sounds like a good name for a broadway play, doesn't it? New Year's Eve in a Small Town........
Bill and I usually go to the "Legends" Bar, attached to the local Denny's and Days Inn in Salem, IL, where we had our first date way back in 1993. It was a Wednesday night in November (fade to dream sequence here), Rhonda Murphy and I went to the same bar and ate supper. We danced with a bunch of other girls (cause that's how we do it, here in boonie-ville), About that time the "Electric Slide" was very popular, so Ronda taught me how to do it, and we had such fun. I kept wondering if Bill would even show up, since I just casually invited him to meet us after his second shift was over, but was REALLY wanted to be with him. Soon, he showed up and we dance and talked...and alas, the rest is history!........Fade back to present day......New Year's 2006.

Hubby and I met my brother, Kent and an old girl friend of his, Mattie. We had a great time. The DJ was very young and thought he was 'USHER'...he was white, but dressed and danced with a pimp hat on, touching the brim, just like Usher! While playing songs, by Usher.......This is what I thought about that... (raspberry here)! The DJ accomadated all of us oldies too though with some old Bob Seger, Aero Smith songs, the "chicken dance" polka and played a disco version of the Star Wars theme at midnight! It was fun. My brother is nuts and my hubby joined in an egged him on! The rap music sucked, so we made up our own words, which I can't repeat even here!

We toasted in the New Year with cheap champagne, and a dance to......what else?...Some tunes by Usher!! Not that I don't like Usher, because, I do think he has talent, but it's hard to dance to that stuff, I am too old, I tried though...it was not pretty.

So Sappy New Year everyone.......my resolution........to NOT do the Chicken dance in public ever again.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: