Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Friday, November 10, 2006

One Eyed monster


To venture away from my usual diary type entries, I am writing about something else today. The above is a picture taken by the Cassini, NASA's spacecraft. This is a picture of a hurricane-type storm located at the south pole of the planet Saturn. What is truly stange is that the earth scientists don't know what is causing it (since, it is believed there is no water on the surface of Saturn, that it is much like Jupiter, and is mostly gases), and it doesn't move. It is 5000 miles wide and is turning at a speed of 350 mph. Whoever said, truth is stranger than fiction, knew what they were talking about....if you are really interested and want to know the whole scoop, click on link below.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/061109_monster_storm.html

No comments: