Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy Brthday, Fats Domino

Today is Fat's Domino's 85th birthday. It seems he has been around forever. I saw him live in St. Louis in the 1970's at which time he autographed this picture for me after the show when we were all allowed to go back to his dressing room. The performance was at the Plantation Dinner Theatre in St. Louis. The stage was round and in the middle of the room and the tables were on tiers around the theatre. He pounded the piano and rocked the night away with all of his hits from the 1950's and 60's, such as, Blueberry Hill, Ain't that a Shame and Blue Monday. The thing I remember most was that he had on shoes with clear plastic heels on them and there were gold fish inside, no they were not real!...He would just stomp, stomp, stomp those feet with the beat, while he was playing that piano...quite a fun night! It was surreal to be there hearing him sing all of the songs I grew up with and I just want to say ...he's still got it! .....It's good to know the old boy is still around.....a reminder of a time of innocence and change from my youth...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FATS!

No comments: