Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Where have all the pirates gone?

So today Bill and I got up early and headed for the Pirate festival in Wentzville, MO. I had a brand new pirate outfit and was excited to go back to the Renn-faire. We drove to Wentzville and found Rotary Park easily. No one was there....????? So, some people were parked in the parking lot in a truck and we asked them about the Pirate-fest and they said, "Oh, it's downtown at Progress Park". We drove for another hour and finally found Progress Park, no Pirates there, just a soap box derby. By now we were really frustrated AND hungry. Since were dressed like pirates and no where to go, we just drove through McDonald's and got some cheeseburgers and came home. Basically we drove 300 miles to eat a cheeseburger.....what a big waste of time. All the way home I am wondering what happened, as I had checked the date many times. When we got home, I got on the computer and went to the websites I had saved with the dates. They were completely gone, now I am completely mystified. The cheeseburgers were really good though.

No comments: