Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Friday, April 18, 2008

My brother wants to know "What's shakin'....

Photobucket

Earthquake report.......

Bill goes to work around 5:30 a.m., so we were up at 4:30 and I had just made coffee and we were waiting for it to get done, suddenly our trailer started moving, sounded like a strong wind at first, in about two seconds we knew it was an earthquake, everything was shaking, it reminded me of the movie Jurassic Park, where the dinosaur is coming....!!! Everything moved a lot and was very scary. It went on for a long time (so it seemed) , then there were some smaller after shocks later in the day. All the dogs in town were barking, that part at least was good for a laugh. I wonder what the chickens were thinking.....anyway, it was all very eerie. It could have been much worse. There doesn't seem to be any damage around here. I talked to my son, Darren, in St. Louis, they had some damages there on some older buildings. Talked to Shelley too, she slept through it, but she woke up suddenly around 4:45 and didn't know why until she heard the news. The report of the earthquake was on all of the national channels too, since it is not a common happening around here, even though we are on the New Madrid fault. The epicenter was in New Salem, IL, which is really just the west side of Salem, Indiana, so it was about 60 miles straight east of us.
That's about all there was too it, but for a few seconds there, I felt an adrenaline rush, and not the good kind...!


No comments: