Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lili von Shtupp

Yesterday Bill and I took mom out to the Dairy Queen for a sandwich and some ice cream. While we were sitting there chatting, for some reason, the movie "Blazing Saddles" came into the conversation. I think we were talking about Madeline Kahn and her character in "Saddles" having a speech impediment and how hilarious it was.

Fast forward to today: Bill was just clicking through the tv channels, and there was the movie, Blazing Saddles (1974) with my favorite scene....Lili Von Shtupp (Madeline Kahn) singing about how tired she was, and she kept sitting down in a chair while the energetic dancers behind her, dressed like nazis, sang about how tired she was. At the end, with that famous, sneer on her face, the song ended, as she fainted from exhaustion and they carried her off. How funny that scene still is after all of these years and what a classic.

Madeline Kahn died in 1999 at the age of 57. Madeline....I miss your silliness.

No comments: