Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

...and Johnny Depp was 20% off......


Mom and I are hosting the Red Hat meeting in July, we are having a luau. Today I went to moms so we could plan the party. So, we made all of our plans, and designed our invitations, which we printed so we could hand them out at our next meeting. We couldn't decide on decorations, for sure, so I went to the party supply store to see what they have. They had completely renovated the store and had lots of new stuff. I found some wall covering 50 feet long, that looks like a tiki bar and a tropical garden, and to my delight, I found a stand up cardboard Johnny Depp,as Captain Jack Sparrow...... even better I got him for 20% off, because he was slightly damaged.... :-) ....I personally think Johnny Depp is perfection, how could he be slightly damaged?????? RRRRR, a pirate is perfect for a tropical luau....Anyway, I bought him for $26.97....and went back to moms with him under my arm....she thought that was hilarious. I stood him up in the corner behind the rocking chair, and he is still there. So, her neighbor lady came over to bring her the mail, but mom didn't hear her come in because she was in the bedroom on the computer. When she noticed her mail was there, she thought she had some 'splainin' to do about the Depster....when she explained to Mary Helen , she told mom that she thought she had finally gone over the edge.... :-).....she was glad their was a good reason for the cardboard Johnny standing in her front room. After the luau he's coming home with me......:-P

No comments: