Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Glass Mushroom

Mom and I went to Shelley's yesterday. I wore a cord necklace with this little tiny mushroom in a glass bead. It is barely an inch long. Garret, age 5, was sitting on my lap and was looking at the necklace. He said "There's a little mushroom in there." I said "Yes, there is, a very tiny one. "
He said: "It looks sad.", I said "Why do you think the mushroom is sad?" He said "Because it's not in the forest." I said. "It's not a real mushroom.", He said "It looks like it's crying." Well, you can see that the air bubbles in the glass looks like tears. I said, "he's not crying, thats just air bubbles." So he jumped down and played for a while and several hours went by. He got back on my lap, looked at the necklace bead again and smiled and said "Maybe he's crying tears of joy."It was like he was thinking about it for a while...it's amazing what goes through the mind of a child, what a beautiful thing.

No comments: