Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Garden photos.

Second crop of potatoes for this season. Planted the middle of August.

Lots of turnips still growing.

They are very large too.

Our little grape tomatoes are still hanging on and growing.

The wind and rain have beaten down my wild flowers, but they are still making new buds, The humming birds really enjoyed themselves in the flowers this summer.

Sweet Italian basil, still going strong, looks like I need to makee more pesto.

Really large green peppers came out of the garden this year.  These were about 7" long.

Just love the color of the sassafras trees this time of year.

Quite a nice garden for mid-October.

Since this is the second crop of potatoes, they will be small, like new potatoes in the spring.

What a puny crop of sweet potatoes, most years I have grown potatoes as big as footballs, no joke, but this year, just a few that are barely 3-4 inches long.

Above white potatoes when I first pulled them out of the ground.

No comments: