Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, August 30, 2026

A Praying Mantis Tale

 If you have nothing better to do. Here is a "scary" story. Yesterday we were sitting outside and I happened to look at the hummingbird feeder and there was a praying mantis sitting right next to where the hummingbirds were feeding. A praying mantis can easily kill a hummingbird, they eat them alive! So I knocked him/her off of there and he flew/jumped right back up on the table that is under the feeder. Bill grabbed the fly swatter and managed to throw him in the fire pit. There was no fire, just ash. We thought we had seen the last of him, but no! Soon an ash covered claw came up over the edge and then his head popped up and began looking around like a periscope...creepy, like something out of a horror movie. Plus he was all ash-covered. Then he climbed out, down the bricks and into the grass. He was heading back towards the hummingbird feeder! Bill grabbed the swatter again and got the mantis on there and took him about 200 feet away and flung him over the railroad track, the whole time he was trying to climb up Bill's arm! I used to like praying mantises, but now they just creep me out! They also kill bees. Keep an eye on your feeders and even your flowers, they like to hide there too.


No comments: