Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Why is this place called an island?









I got up early and had coffee on the balcony in my jammies!...I wondered what the working people were doing.....so beautiful. There were still some rain storms out at sea and it made for a beautiful sunrise. A flock of pelicans flew right over my head looking for some breakfast.

Later Bill got up and we decided to take a long walk on the beach and look for shells. Before we knew it we couldn't see our hotel anymore. We walked towards town and had lunch at a nice little restaurant and then walked back to the beach. The ocean was calmer today, still so beautiful. We found a few shells, but mostly just enjoyed the salty air and cool ocean breeze. It was about 80 degrees most of the day. We finally made it back to our room about 4 hours later, we had walked 8 miles!....We both took a nap....even though I hated to waste the rest of the day inside. We had some sandwiches in our room and took a walk on the pier. The moon is still full tonight!...I could really get used to this life! We decided to start heading home tomorrow.....

We couldn't remember driving over any water, so why is this place called an island. When we drove back over the bridge that we used to get here, we drove over some marshland with a tiny little stream running through it, guess that makes it an island...lol.


No comments: