Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Good Bye Sir Robin

Those of you who know me, know that I am a huge Clay Aiken fan. For the last 4 months he has been starring as Sir Robin, in Monty Python's SPAMALOT, a hilarious medieval comedy ( in case, you have been living under a rock or something) . He was a smash hit and tripled sales of performances during that time period. Many fans attended day and night, though most attendees were regular New Yorkers/ or tourists wanting to see a Broadway play. (Because, unfortunately most of us can't go running off to New York, no matter how bad we want to). After each performance Clay would greet his many fans at the stage door behind the Shubert theatre. The last performance was last Sunday night (May 4th) . The street overflowed with literally hundreds waiting to say a final good by to Clay as Sir Robin. I am posting this because I thought this was just genius. There were so many people in the street, there was no way he could shake all of their hands, or sign autographs, or show his fans the love. So, he found his way to the top of the marque of the theatre. It didn't take long for those below to see him, everyone got to say good bye to Clay on Broadway. It was quite a moment...so had to post the Youtube also...



If you want a quick overview of Clay's stint on broadway, here is a "Farewell, Sir Robin" Youtube. Yeah, I am into the Youtubes today....heee

No comments: