Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birdie graduation day

......Put your right foot out....put your right foot in.......do the hokey pokey.........
Somebody's always lookin' at me..

The chicks were finally big enough to put outside. We put them in the new coop in a large wooden box with hay on the floor. We carried them out one by one....some of them cheeped so loud, I felt like Hitler...but they seem to like their new home. They will stay there for several weeks until they get the rest of their feathers and then they will be transfered again to a larger pen away from the larger chickens. So today was graduation day, and now it is so quiet in the house. Shelley asked me if we sang "Pomp and Circumstance" while we were carrying them outside...ha she is so funny...wish I would have thought of that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.. tooo cute! you had them in the house all this time! ROTFL what a hoot! glad you had the graduation today..lol

and wow!!!! what a great job on the chicken coop! I would like it for me! blow me up a mattress and there I go! Greg can use one for his snoring huh? lol lol lucky chickens! such a great idea, and great photos of the progress!

Love, Kim