Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Winkies, it is!

So on a more lighthearted note: We went to The Cakelady's bakery again and she had all of these beautiful cupcakes. So I asked her what kind they were and one of them was called a "winkie", 'cause it was a cupcake made like a twinkie. Then she told us the story of how the name came to be. She was talking to her daughter and said she thought she would call them Twinkles, and her husband only heard half of the conversation and thought she said "winkies", which is much funnier than "Twinkles", so Winkies it is. LOL. Anyway, they did, in fact, taste like a twinkie, with that fluffy stuff in the middle and had a swirl of frosting on top with some sprinkles as well. I would post a picture, but.....we ate 'em.

No comments: