Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

BIRDMAN is full of bird crap...

Mom and I watched BIRDMAN today. I had never even heard of it until the Academy Awards. I can't really see how it won best picture, although it was well done, the actors were superb, and the way it was filmed in long continuous scenes, made it very realistic, but it is by far, not even close to the best movie I have ever seen. The story line was kind of wacky and the ending was just downright stupid. I had to watch it to see what all of the hype was about, but I'm sure I won't watch it again.The background "music", was almost entirely percussion only, like someone was playing on a drum set, and that was it..no music, although there were a few places the background was opera. The best way I can explain it, is that if you were working in the "arts", you may think it's great, because of it's "artsy" feel...interesting camera angles, and plot surprises. Well... that's enough of that. So, to make sure we didn't get too much culture in one day, we watched DUMB and DUMBER TO...it was just that, still dumb, but there was lots of comedy, like the first one. Kathleen Turner was in it, nice to see her in something again. So, I shouldn't have eaten all of that chocolate, my fingers won't stop typing.... smile emoticon I hope you all have had a good day..

No comments: