Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A trip down memory lane with Darren's hair

It's TBT...I'm sure most of you remember the hit movie from the 80's PRETTY IN PINK. My two oldest were teens then. My son Darren Holsapple, seemed to really identify with the DUCKY character (Jon Cryer) in the movie. He started dressing like him every day, wore his hair the same way and wore hats. All of his friends started calling him DUCKY, and they still do today. In fact, through the years many people would ask about DUCKY and didn't even know what his real name was... So, I gathered up a few photos from the time, and one extra one of my youngest son, Alexander Preston Phillips. I'll never forget, it was a cold winter night and there was nothing on tv...so Darren and Shelley "duckied" him up...they even put lipstick on him..he's always been such a good sport...anyway...good times and great memories of my awesome kids when they were still at home.




No comments: