Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

An Evening at the Spa with the Red Hatters








I swear I always want to type...Mad Hatters!!!...because I am quite sure when we are out in public people wonder about us.....we don't care, we're young enough to be silly and old enough to not care!....but I digress..

We had our Red Hat meeting at what once was the Christian Science church building in Salem, it is now owned by the bank next door and has wonderful large windows and a tall ceiling. Our meeting was a week late because the original hostess hurt her back. Rhae, the Queen Mother, took charge and decided to have a Spa evening. It was such fun and so relaxing. First we had a light meal, with sandwiches, chips, relish tray, cheesecake and/or angel food cake with strawberries! Carrie, from the "Practical Magic" health spa was there with her massage chair and so we all got a wonderful massage. She recently moved her business into a 3 story brick home on the south end of Salem. Her mom has been a good friend of mine since high school and she (the mom), lives about a mile from me and I see her from time to time. Again, I digress...
So we all go wonderful massages, heated neck wraps, warm foot soaks with smooth rocks in the bottom to massage our toes and wonderful smelling salts in the water, while we were soaking our feet we had our choice of herbal teas. The lights were turned to a softer glow and candles lit the room. Soft relaxation music tinkled in the background. We chatted and laughed and had a wonderful time. I just couldn't resist getting a picture of mom while she was in the massage chair!...Smile, mom!





No comments: