Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Friday, February 07, 2014

The British Invasion begins.....




How well I remember this, as a freshman in high school, the beginning of the British invasion....50 years ago today they flew into New York and changed the world...my teen years were woven with constant Beatles songs...what a great time to grow up! Every time I hear a Beatles song today it reminds me of something in my teenage life: Prom, Friday night at the Drive In, slumber parties, dances after Basketball games, riding around Salem driving from Reaban's to Dairy Queen, then back again, dancing on Beer Can Alley with all of our radios tuned to KXOK... ...don't mind me, I'm just taking a trip down memory lane.....many of you were there with me...

No comments: