Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

A flower memorial to mom and Barb

Good afternoon, friends! It's still cloudy and gray outside. Bill is at an auction and I am enjoying my day listening to some Celtic music and doing a little crafting. When mom passed away I dried some of the flowers from her funeral bouquets. I made a little shadow box today with some of them as a memorial to her and to my sweet sister in law, Barb Knight, who passed away just 6 weeks after mom. Barb always loved dragonflies and had them throughout her house... It was a bitter sweet project, but I've been meaning to do it for quite a while .Mind you, I am not great at arranging flowers of any sort, but it's the thought that counts. I had to use some silk leaves, because, if any of you have ever dried flowers, you know the leaves don't always make it to the end of the drying process. I hope you all have a good day, think it's time for some lunch.

No comments: