Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Happy Mother's day to my mom in Heaven

Since it's Mother's Day, and I miss my sweet mama so much, I thought I would share with you things about her that most people don't know. I was looking through some old photos today feeling, nostalgic and sad, but grateful that I had this wonderful woman for my mother and best friend I love her so much, and truly feel the loss of her daily., So here goes: My mom was a trained, professional singer. She traveled with a band called the Reveliers and was their star performer She also performed around the Centralia area (her home town), such as the Band Shell where live entertainment was performed often and of course, sang at church... She was a very private and quiet person most of the time, but had this wonderful sense of humor, and would do anything for a laugh when we were together. She loved Clay Aiken when he was on American Idol, she kept pressuring me to watch him for ages...finally I did, and I became a fan too..We went to many,many live concerts, met other fans, who remain friends to this day, and we used to joke that we were "groupies"... She loved the Red Hat ladies, and boy, did she know how to wear a hat! She had two older brothers, Bob and John. She knew how to play the steel guitar. Both my grandma (her mom) and my mom turned prematurely gray at a young age. Most of all she was always beautiful, even as a young child. Best of all, she was the best mom ever to me and my 3 brothers.. If you stayed to read all of this, I appreciate it very much, everyone have a great Mother's Day.









No comments: