Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, September 21, 2026

Pears galore

 I have been making pear sauce everyday for over a week. Bill's brother gave us a huge box of Keifer pears from their pear tree. They are known to be very hard, even when ripe and yes, they are, hard as a brick! They make great sauce though, no sugar needed, as they are very sweet, I only used cinnamon. Also, it's been so hot, didn't want to heat the house up, so just put them in the crockpot on low for 6 hours, cooled and into the freezer. That is why it took me so long, one batch a day.I think we are set for fresh tasting fruit until next summer. A shout out to the inventors of food processors, crockpots and immersion blenders! I couldn't have done it without you! (Well, I could have, but I am too lazy for that!


 

No comments: