Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My cousin, Rob

Today was a very sad day. My cousin, Rob Westman, passed away from an over dose of pain medication. He was a really nice guy , always friendy and interesting to talk with. Had it not been for a fall from a ladder, his life would have been completely different. It is the saddest thing. We all start out so hopeful in life, but we never know where we are going to end up. Sometimes we have no control over the things that make our life take a different turn. Sometimes we do.

I won't go into the details here, but just wanted to remember him to anyone who reads this. The last time I sat and talked to him was back in March. It was a very nice visit with him and Uncle Bob and Aunt Betty. Mom and I took eggs over to them... It was a good day to remember. All of us visiting as a family.

Forrest Gump was right" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get", Rob didn't know he was going to get dealt such a crappy hand in life. I hope he had SOME happiness before all of the pain took over.

ROB, you will be missed....sorry you felt you had to leave so soon.

No comments: