Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Just Imagine...... Moe, Larry and Curly

I was feeling all "Martha Stewart-ish" today and I thought I would bake a blackberry pie, since the bushes are still loaded with berries. I found a great recipe, Texas blackberry cobbler. I picked the berries, made homemade sourdough pie crust and put the cobbler together by adding half of the blackberries (mixed with sugar , flour and butter) in the bottom of the baking dish, then added a single square of pie crust and baked for 10 minutes, then I added the rest of the berries and made a lattice crust on top, sprinkled with sugar and baked for another 20 minutes. Sounds good? Yes it was, but I only found out later, because.....
I had turned on the exhaust fan behind the stove because of all of the heat. Of course.... you know the chain broke and it just kept running and running, and by now even the cool air-conditioned air was flowing freely out of the exhaust fan. It was almost 100 degrees outside. So, me being very un-mechanically inclined, I had no clue how this thing worked. So, just imagine the three stooges and there many lame ways of fixing things, and that would be me. Yes, I used scissors, a knife, a screw driver, a piece of wire, a piece of gold gift wrap, a piece of red ribbon and a big board on the outside to keep the vent shut so I could get everything lined out. I finally found the switch shut off, after running outside 15 times looking at both sides of the fan. I had to stand on a milk crate because , of course, I was too short. I tried using string and a wire, and the string broke right away. I used a screw driver to shut off the switch, but then I had to remove it to feed the chain back through,and then I had to make sure the chain went through the vent cover too on the inside....well, it was just a big pain in the ass, I was beginning to feel like MacGyver....I'm tellin' ya......after two hours, I got it fixed and it works fine....and all because I wanted a pie! I need to check my aura or my fung shui or something....or maybe my horoscope, that's it...Jupiter must not be aligned with Uranus or something......

No comments: