Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thunder Chicken

I spent the day with mom today...what a great time we had. First, I had to have my eyes checked, because I thought my vision was getting worse, guess I was wrong, the doc told me I didn't need to get new glasses that my eyes hadn't changed that much...guess I have just been this blind all along and didn't realize it...lol!

First we had lunch at Mt. Vernon at the Pasta House...mom and I have always loved that special house salad they make with artichoke hearts and parmesean cheese..yummy....of course we had to have dessert....I had death by chocolate cake, mom and taramasue (sp?)...we couldn't figure out what was in it,...it's a mystery, but it was good anyway...!

While we were that we went to Dobbs where we bought some more styrafoam wreaths to make our fabric wreath crafts. I bought two cups and saucers to sit on the dining room table.

There has been a winery in Mt. Vernon for many years and I have never gone to see it. Mom and I went to the Genkota winery. It was a very nice building with a wrap around porch with tables for drinking wine. There were alot of gifts all having to do with wine lining the walls. Mom and I decided to do a little wine tasting...so many delicious wines. One of them was called "Three Dog White"...the owner said it is made with three different kinds of grapes (I only thought there was three kinds anyway, red, purple and white, but what do I know?)..anyway, the wind is made with three kinds of white grapes...and when they were making this special wine they owned 3 white dogs, and were listening to "Three Dog Night" on the stereo!...very interesting. We liked most of the sweet wines, but I just had to buy their apple wine (made with local apples)..called Thunder Chicken..mostly for the fun and interesting bottle, but the wine was good too!


We came back home and I stopped at mom's for a few minutes and then came home. It was such a fun day.....I am getting spoiled now.....soon I will have to go back to work and I will really miss these relaxing enjoyable days.



No comments: