Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Super Bowl and a mysterious visitor

Today was the superbowl. The Patriots and the Eagles. I don' t watch sports, so I didn't have a favorite team. We watched though because we are Americans and , hey, it was the super bowl!
Paul McCartney was the half-time show and he was wonderful, very classy and no "wardrobe malfunction", just lots of good music, reminiscent of my high school days at Salem High...Beatles...slumber parties...prom...those were the days. In the second half the game finally got exciting and the Patriots wond, 24 to 21. It is the 3rd time they have won in the last 4 years...so the news media is calling it the "Patriots Dynasty".

This picture is from the Mardi Gras, but I just had to post it by itself, even though it is in the collage. If you look closley behind the last girl on the right, there is a guy who saw me taking the picture and just popped in behind her. I knew he was their and took the picture anyway, so funny, he got his picture taken with a bevy of beauties and they were not even aware. So, he is my mysterious visitor.



As if there isn't enough to read,here is a link to a short history about Soulard in St.Louis:
http://www.explorestlouis.com/neighborhoods/soulard.asp?PageType=4

No comments: