Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Chicken diaries

It was a normal day in Halterman-land. Coffee and business channel in the morning, lunch, laundry. Bill was outside talking to the neighbor. The chickens were running around the yard scratching and eating "things"...??

I happened to look out the window and about that time one of the red chickens came speeding by. In her mouth was something black and wiggly (I found out later, it was a lizard, yuck!). Close behind her was the rest of the flock running after her like crazed roadrunners. She ran around a tree, darted in the grapevines, ran towards the coop, all of her sister chickens (and the rooster) we're close behind her. They were all wanting the lizard!!!... Bill was standing by the barn talking to Jake, here came the chickens around the corner of the barn, running past them! The neighbor said he had never seen a lizard in the snow!. They all ran off into the back field, where, I assume, SOMEONE at the lizard. They all walked back pecking and scratching like nothing had happened.

We bought the chickens for the eggs, but I'm beginning to think we bought them for entertainment! Ah, life on the farm...eee...iiii....eeee..iiii...oooo!

No comments: