Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The only thing missing was Tarzan

This lodge/winery really has an African feel. Bretz Wildlife Lodge and winery is owned by a local chiropractor in Carlyle, IL, who has been on safari and killed all of the taxidermied animals in the winery.

I tasted some wines, Bill had some imported Irish Ale, which was very good.
This inside of the lodge/winery is open, with tables and booths for customers.
This alligator was at the front door, very realistic coming out of the reeds.
I really don't know what this animal is, but you can see the tasting room below. We didn't get to go in there, someone was using it for a meeting.

The door was ajar, so I took a few pictures of the giraffe, zebra and gazelle.

Water buffalo
Out back there was a pool with lots of fish, that you could feed.
This bridge was built over the fish pond.
I was looking back at the building from the pond.
There was also a miniature golf course, this was part of it, also below. It looks like Africa too.

There was also a sand volley ball court. Seriously, the only think missing was the Tarzan yell, which would have been very cool, and would have brought the theme altogether. I think I will put that in the suggestion box next time..

The food was very good and inexpensive. The special for the day was Chicken salad on a huge Kaiser bun. The chicken salad was home made, the fries were coated with something, that made them crunchy and tasty. The wine I finally choose was called Nooner, and was a semi-sweet grape wine. We walked around behind the building, where the fish pond was. We fed them and then I checked out the golf course, while Bill pretended he was a troll ontop the bridge...lol. We went to another very nice winery in Centralia, but it was closed, they were on vacation. So, we just went to Dairy Queen and had sundaes.

No comments: