Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A short story about a spider, a turtle and a helicopter

A short story about a spider, a turtle and a helicopter:

Yesterday I was driving Garret and Lucas to their destination. Lucas started screaming "THERE'S A SPIDER!"...(More screaming), I pulled the car over and removed the little tiny spider with one little string of web hanging on the back door. Everybody's happy now. Then I spied a turtle right in the middle of the right lane of traffic, so to save him from certain doom I moved him to the ditch along the road. So now we're driving again.
Garret: WHY DID YOU MOVE THE TURTLE OUT OF THE ROAD?
Me: BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO GET SQUASHED.
Lucas: WHY WAS HE IN THE ROAD THEN, IF HE'S GONNA GET SQUASHED?
Me: BECAUSE HE THINKS IT'S A ROCK, HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT ROADS.

Then I went to great lengthS to explain to them that if they see a turtle in the road DO NOT pick it up and move it, it might be a snapping turtle and will bite off their hand. Go get an adult to move the turtle. I think they are hanging on my every word, because I'm the grandma, after all.

Garret: DO YOU THINK TURTLES LIKE TO EAT CHICKEN?
Me: (Laughing)I THINK TURTLES LIKE TO EAT PLANTS, OR MAYBE BUGS, I'M NO EXPERT ON TURTLES.

And I start explaining about turtles (the little that I know), and then nobody cared about what I was saying, or the spider or the turtle, because as we came around a curve there was a bright blue helicopter dusting a farmer's field. They were all excited, because it was really close...many exclamations were heard of :COOL and AWESOME!

Then As we drove away: Lucas (Sounding just like the kid in Close Encounters of the Third Kind : GOOD BYE, HELICOPTER....

Aren't kids just so awesome the way their brains work...what a joy they are. That's why I had to share this little conversation, that no one would ever know about, it was too COOL and AWESOME to keep to myself..

No comments: