Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Ramblin' Roses Express...Extra Edition!

The Headlines Read: Red Hatters Invade Salem Depot!
Pictured here are Shady Sheila and Wild Mary,
notorious Red Hat Ladies of Illinois. There's no
reward if you find them....!!!
The Red Hat Ramblin' Roses met at the Salem Depot Restaurant on April 20, 2006
The Red Hatters were a rowdy bunch and had to be subdued by the management.
The old train displayed out front was once used to haul small loads at mining camps and coal mining camps to deliver goods to that local area, using wood for fuel.
The Salem Depot was once a thriving place for passengers to depart the area and also was an active railway system. Today no passengers leave, but the trains still use the track on a daily basis. The Depot is now a place to eat and visit.
A delicious meal was enjoyed by "most" and a good time was had by all,...except the management! (I'm just kidding about the management, we were all ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a great site. I missed the meeting so I was glad to see you girls kept up our rowdy reputation. I liked the sepia looks good.