Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Good bye garden..

Well, friends, it official. We are schedule for the first freeze of the season. Bill and worked in the garden today, nothing left now but brussels sprouts and one kale plant. I was surprised to find a bunch of crispy green beans,I had been ignoring them..lol...also pulled the turnips , baby carrots, peppers, kale and about 5 potatoes. So I made a bunch of smoothies with the kale, parsley (I forgot to mention the parsley) and carrot greens, with some fruit, of course, and froze them for later. Worked up the green beans, and turnips, then made some more blackberry jelly. There were a lot of other activities around here, but I've taken up enough of your valuable time...so let's just say that I am pooped and am done for the day....hope you all had a good one.

No comments: