Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Yes, we have no parade

So, after my enjoyable morning at the library, I came home and Bill and I decided not to attend the parade because we were 95 percent sure it was going to storm, and sadly it did, right at 2:00 when the parade was supposed to start it started raining torrents, and lightening everywhere. Then our power went out and didn't come back on, so we drove to Salem to go to DQ. Sure enough the drenched floats and people were everywhere. Little kids and parents trying to get to their cars, really just made me feel terrible for all of the work and planning. So we went to DQ and decided to just have a sandwich too, and it must have been the plan for lots of people because the place was packed. Everyone had wet hair, and I guess they figure if they can't have a parade they'll just have ice cream. We ate our food and started back home, and the beer garden was still open, so at least some people were having fun. It never stopped raining though and still is...at least there was about 4 hours when the festival events were going on as planned early in the day...let's hope for better luck next year. Oh, and for some reason there were tootsie rolls all over the road at one point, but the parade was cancelled and never happened....it's a mystery...hmmmm

No comments: