Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

After we returned from the farmer's market, our last monarch was about to emerge, so I got a cup of coffee, grabbed my camera, and waited...in a short time saw the whole metamorphosis process, and got photo's this time. I never get tired of seeing this miracle happen. Of course, we had plans, so I didnt' get the final photo of the fanning of the wings, or to see her fly off. There are lots more photos, but these tell the story really well, I think.
the chrysalis turned clear, so the butterfly is ready to emerge

It's starting.



up to this point, literally took seconds.

In about 5 to 10 minutes the monarch will pump us her wings with fluids to inflate them to normal size.






Wings fully inflated,  in about an hour or less the wings will be dry enough for the butterfly to fly away.

Add caption


No comments: