Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

St. Peter 40th Prairie Days celebration

So after the farmer's market, then watching the monarch, we went to St. Peter for the 40th year of Prairie Days. We watched the tractor pull, I always like a good tractor pull. Then had lunch, after that was the parade. I love the small town festivals, I really do. The parade had it all, antique fire trucks, floats, marching bands, beauty queens and lots of kids scrambling for candy.. . Then we settled down to listen to some good old blue grass music by Firebox. It started raining, it rained and rained. Nobody cared, nothing stopped except the bouncy houses. The kids were still swinging on the swings, jumping in mud puddles, the bean bag toss went on, bingo, the food booth, the pony rides and the music kept playing. In Illinois you don't let a little rain stop you. It kept raining. Then my mother in law and I went to the cake walk...we left cake-less. So Bill thought he could win one, we still came home cakeless. It's okay, we aren't eating the stuff anymore anyway..lol...we came home...it's still raining. It was still a fun day, because, I was smart and took my umbrella...


. Then Bill wanted to go to the fish fry in Xenia because the same blue grass band was playing there tonight. I decided to stay home because it is STILL raining. He went anyway. So, that's my day...now I'm tired and think I'll find a movie to watch.

No comments: