Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Friday, September 10, 2004

The Ghost of Mr. Guy....oooooh...I'm scared!

Since today will probably be another just like the other....here is a story that I was just reminded of this week.
We bought the ice cream shoppe in 1999 from a man named Mr. Guy (yes, the guy's name is Guy, no kidding, I couldn't possibly make this stuff up!) I kept the original employees and we all became good friends over the next few years and then they graduated from high school and went on to their real lives. Anyway, one day I was working by myself and I swear I heard the back door open, even felt a rush of air. I went into the kitchen and no one was there, door was locked. I thought I just imagined it. Several days later I was working with a girl named Allison (Ali) and I had this same experience. We stopped and looked at each other and she said 'Did you hear that?" and I said, "Yes, it happened the other day too". She tells me that this has been happening for years and at first it frightened all of them, but then they just decided it was just the "ghost of Mr. Guy". Now mind you, Mr. Guy is NOT dead, he teaches high school Chemistry! So, whatever, whoever it is, they are just going about their spirit life and are intertwined with mine. In a way it is kind of comforting, not scary at all, I was just being snarky with my title..ha ha...(where are my emoticons?). There, in fact, used to be an old home built on the original spot where the ice cream shoppe was built (some 13 years ago now). I like to think it is just somebody's grandpa coming in for the evening meal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!....

Getting new highlights in my hair today and then off with Teresa to our yearly trek to Cedarhurst where many artisans are showing their wares and lot of good food will be had by all. Love ya, Tuh!

No comments: