Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Wish I had some Clay.......

Today we headed to Evansville, Indiana, mom, me and Bill. We were going to the Clay Aiken concert at Roberts Stadium. It is our third concert and we were very excited as we met up with some of our internet friends from the Clayboard for lunch. Mary and Joan were such fun. We had met Mary at the St. Louis concert in the spring. Then at 3:30 we went to Kiplees party house for the pre-concert party. Wew, were there some crazy people there, hey, wait a minute, I think we were some of those crazy people! We ate and laughed and played games and watched videos and montages of Clay, on a large screen tv....we even booed Simon when he was shown in the videos! Then came the concert! All I can say is OMG!...our seats were great and Clay sang like an angel! The dancer was a crazy black lady, but I am telling you she was really good. Clay was all funny and interacted with the crowd alot! He seems so happy being out on his own. My favorite part? Was when he and Qiana sang "Chain of Fools", no one would believe that Clay could get down and sing in that growley, "Clay goes motown" voice. The glory note at the end of "Solitaire" was to die for! Every once in a while I would look at mom, and say "Oh, I just love to hear him sing!" He's so purdy!.... It was wonderful and I am still all aglow from just everything: meeting friends I already knew, meeting friends that I have seen and posted to on-line and making new friends! After the concert mom, Mary and I went to the buses and waited for Clay to come out, hoping for a hand shake or something. We waited for a long time. Security made us stay away from the buses. Pretty soon Clay came out with Jerome and some other body guard, however, there was no touching the Clayton tonight! He made eye contact with as many of us as he could. He waved and smiled and told us thank you for being his fans. He was only about 10 feet away, so near , yet so far! It was still a treat to see him after the show. Then onto the buses and off he went to his next destination! We got home about 1:00 a.m. It was such a wonderful day.

I tried taking some pictures at the venue, but the camera police caught me. So I only got 2 pictures, but DID get one of Clay outside at the buses! The best part was getting to share this experience with my beautiful mom! Love ya, mom!


No comments: