Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Skin Heads in Illinois

Today mom and I went to Pana to meet Shelley. Shelly wanted to borrow one of my wigs to wear for Halloween. There is NOTHING in Pana, even Wal-mart was small and boring. Anyway, mom and I met Shelly and Chris (Cary's sister) at McDonalds. Then we found a chinese restaurant and had some lunch...the whole time talking and laughing.

Like I said, there is nothing going on in Pana, so we went to Walmart and then to Casey's where mom bought us some Frappacino which we drank while sitting in the parking lot, we talked for about an hour and a half. I had brought some boxes that were stored at my house that belonged to Shelley. We got a big laugh out of some of the things in there: A poster with Shelleys face on Farrah Fawcett's body, a key chain that said "Eric" (uh-oh), a bouquet from my wedding, cook books and a beer stein with "Shelley Holsapple" on it and the year 1989 and a booklet I made for Shelley on her 21st birthday with pictures and captions of her life up to that point.

While we were waiting for mom to get the Frappacino I was looking in my purse and found the skull cap that is to be worn under wigs, so I gave it to Shelley who promptly put it on her head and sat there while people stared at her...It was so funny...well...here's the picture...worth about 2000 words....she looks like she just "ain't right....".



Had such a great time with my beautiful daughter (yes she really IS beautiful, I'm just sayin'....nobody looks good in a skull cap...

anyway...she seems so happy and is planning her wedding and her life. I am glad, she deserves it!

Bill is still laughing about this picture....


No comments: